Cake and Chili, Cookoff Sunday!

Hi, everyone, assuming anyone's actually reading this!

Our church had their annual chili cookoff yesterday, and I made the most elaborate cake of my entire life thus far to bring to it. It was a three-layer Neopolitan cake decorated with frosted roses, and it took me until 10:15 Saturday night with help from my mom!!! My sister, Joely made chocolate mint cupcakes, but they took NOWHERE near as long as this cake did.

My dad and my brother, Liam, both made chili for it, and they announce the winners on Easter Sunday. One year, Liam actually BEAT our dad, and got first place, which was a $50 gift card to Lowe's. That's good for him, because he's into the whole building-soldering-techandrobots thing. But if he wins next year, he wants to actually build a real robot.

Bye for now, and thanks for reading!

Comments